- YouTube link to video - this video is 77 seconds long
- Video description - There are many different ways to take part in research. From completing questionnaires and taking part in focus groups, to enrolling on drug trials and even having a say in the types of research that are funded. Find out more about the many different ways to take part.
Accessibility - visual-only features
The following features are present in this video to enhance the visual production. All essential information that is needed to understand the context of this video is available through the video's audio content or the descriptive transcript:
- Background music
- Stock video content showing researchers and members of the public taking part in research
- Written extracts from the video's audio
0:00 - Title frame
[Be Part of Research logo]
0:05 - Onscreen text
[Different ways to take part in health and care research]
0:09 - Audio
Research: there’s something for everyone.
There are many different ways to take part in health and care research:
- Physical tests
- Lifestyle changes
- Donating samples
- Drug trials
When you volunteer, you might be invited to…
- Complete a questionnaire in person or online
- Be part of a focus group where you can give your opinion or provide feedback
- Take part in a lifestyle activity such as filling in a diary or doing something physical
- You might be asked to have a scan, donate a sample, or take some medication
What you can do will depend on whether you’re eligible to take part, but also how much free time you have, and how confident and comfortable you feel.
There are also opportunities for you to have a say in what research is funded and how it is carried out.
Be part of something amazing, Be Part of Research.
1:05 - Title frame
The title frame from the beginning of the video with Be Part of Research logo is replayed.
1:10 - Closing frame
- Top of frame - Be Part of Research logo and NHS logo
- Middle of frame - the Be Part of Research URL - bepartofresearch.nihr.ac.uk
- Bottom of frame - 4 logos