However, if you wish to, you can change your browser settings to block or remove cookies at any time. Go to http://www.aboutcookies.org.uk for information on how to do this.
Cookies can improve your experience by:
- Enabling our service to recognise your device, so you do not need to give the same information repeatedly
- Recognising when you have already given a username and password, so that you do not need to do so for every subsequent web page you visit
- Letting us measure how many people are using the services we provide, so we can make them easier and faster to use
- Enabling us to analyse data, anonymously, so we can better understand how people use the service
You can learn more about cookies from gov.uk.
Cookies cannot be used to identify you personally.
See below for further details about cookies you may encounter while visiting the Be Part of Research website. These details include what information is being held, how long you can expect it to be stored, and how your experience of our website will change if you block individual cookies from being sent to your device.
- We use Google Analytics for anonymous tracking of how you use this site. The Google Analytics cookie stores information such as when you visited the site, whether you have been to the site before, what pages you visit, how long you are on the site, how you got there and what you click on.
- There is no personally identifiable information contained within this cookie, such as your name or address, so this information cannot be used to identify who you are. But it will use your computer's IP address to determine your geographical location.
- The cookie measures numbers and volumes of visitors in order to make sure users’ needs are met, and to understand how services we provide could do better.
- We do not allow Google to use or share our analytics data.
- Google Analytics cookies expire 38 months after your last visit to this site.
- Full details on the cookies set by Google Analytics are published on the Google website.
- Google also publishes a browser add-on, which allows you to choose that information about your website visit is not sent to Google Analytics.
We also use a ‘login session’ cookie, known as JSESSIONID, which controls and recognises your secure session while you are using this site. This cookie expires when you log out or leave the site.
- However, if you wish to restrict or block the cookies we use, you can do this through your browser settings. The ‘Help’ function within your browser should tell you how to do this. For more help you may wish to visit aboutcookies.org, which explains more about cookies and tells you how to delete them from your machine, using a variety of browsers.
- Please be aware that restricting cookies may affect how our website works.
- To opt out of third parties collecting any data on how you use our website, please refer to their websites for further information.
- We want to make our internet services easy, useful and reliable. To help us do this, we sometimes place cookies on your device.