How to make a request
Be Part of Research aims to work in a transparent manner, making information about its work and progress publicly available. The NIHR Clinical Research Network Coordinating Centre abides by the requirements of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), the Data Protection Act 2018, the Environmental Information Regulations and the Freedom of Information Act.
If you would like information about our work, please contact us in the first instance and we will do our best to help you.
- You can email email@example.com
- Use our contact form, or
- Write to us at: Stakeholder Engagement and Communications Director, NIHR Clinical Research Network, Ground Floor, Minerva House, 3-5 Montague Close, London, SE1 9BB.
You can also use your formal rights to request information under the Freedom of Information scheme or to make a subject access request.
These are routed through the Department of Health and Social Care (DHSC) and a special NIHR team respectively. See further information below.
- The Freedom of Information Act 2000 is an Act of Parliament and the Environmental Information Regulations is an EU legislation that creates a public "right of access" to information held by public authorities.
- Be Part of Research operates as part of the National Institute for Health and Care Research Clinical Research Network Coordinating Centre on behalf of the Department of Health and Social Care (DHSC).
- The DHSC takes full responsibility for responding to any Environmental Information Regulations or Freedom of Information requests. Read further information on the Freedom of Information process.
- Members of the public should direct any such request to the DHSC, either:
- online using the Freedom of Information contact form;
- or write to: Ministerial Correspondence and Public Enquiries Unit, Department of Health and Social Care, 39 Victoria Street, London, SW1H 0EU, United Kingdom.
- All requests will be routed through to the DHSC and responded to in accordance with the DHSC Enquiries Process. The Be Part of Research team will supply the DHSC with relevant information, and the DHSC will, in turn, respond back to the enquirer.
A data subject access request is one of the main rights of the Data Protection Act 2018 and the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). It gives people the right to access their own personal information held and processed by any organisation.
Any individual whose data is being processed by Be Part of Research can ask to see this or be provided with a copy of this in accordance with the relevant time frames provided by the Data Protection Act 2018 and GDPR (i.e. within one month of receipt of the request). Only that information relating to the requester can be released. Any information relating to a third party must only ever be released if in accordance with the Data Protection Act.
If you wish to make a data subject access request or exercise any of your data subject rights, please contact the NIHR Service Desk. Either:
- write to: NIHR Service Desk, Back Lane, Melbourn, Royston, SG8 6DP
- or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
We will respond in a timely manner to any rights that you wish to exercise, and for Subject Access Requests this has to be within a month of receiving your request unless the request is particularly complex.