Making Be Part of Research accessible
We are committed to making this website content available to all users, particularly people with disabilities, including visual, auditory, physical, speech, cognitive, and neurological disabilities.
This includes making the website as accessible as possible regardless of browsing technology, such as for people with text-only web browsers and old browser versions.
If you do have problems, or would like to make any suggestions to improve the site from an accessibility point of view, please get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This website complies with the following documents as far as reasonably possible:
- The Disability Discrimination Act 1995. This states that it is unlawful to discriminate against disabled persons in connection with the provision of facilities and services. The duty extends to websites such as Be Part of Research.
- The Guide to good practice in commissioning accessible websites published by the Disability Rights Commission and the BSI
- The World Wide Web Consortium’s Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.0
Our site is new and is undergoing constant improvements. We’ve tried to make it as accessible as possible:
- Implemented high-contrast viewing of text
- Written content in easily readable “plain English”
- Provided captions on all video files, not used autoplay on any video content
- Used suitable headings, bullets and clear labelling throughout
To change the size of text in most popular web browsers, use the following keys:
- Ctrl + to increase text size
- Ctrl - to decrease text size
- Ctrl 0 to reset text size to the default
- Most popular browsers also have an option to zoom or change text size on the View menu.