Be Part of Research is a UK-wide service, run by the National Institute for Health and Care Research (NIHR), in collaboration with the devolved administrations in Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland.
The NIHR and the Be Part of Research service are funded by the Department of Health and Social Care (DHSC).
The mission of the NIHR is to improve the health and wealth of the nation through research.
We do this by:
- Funding high quality, timely research that benefits the NHS, public health and social care
- Investing in world-class expertise, facilities and a skilled delivery workforce to translate discoveries into improved treatments and services
- Partnering with patients, service users, carers and communities, improving the relevance, quality and impact of our research
- Attracting, training and supporting the best researchers to tackle complex health and social care challenges
- Collaborating with other public funders, charities and industry to help shape a cohesive and globally competitive research system
Be Part of Research is an online service that makes it easy for you to find and take part in health and care research. The service helps people understand what research is, what it might mean to take part, as well as showing what research is currently happening across the UK.
Through Be Part of Research, you can search for trials and studies taking place for health conditions you are interested in, at locations that are easy for you to get to.
You can also sign-up for a free Be Part of Research account and choose the areas of health and care research that you are interested in taking part in. You will then be matched to suitable studies and sent information on how to take part.
The site helps people across the UK make informed choices about taking part in health and social care research - ensuring everyone has the opportunity to get involved, if they want to.
Information about studies
Study data on this site is refreshed weekly and comes directly from two databases:
- ISRCTN (International Standard Randomised Controlled Trial Number) Registry: The site is used by the Department of Health and Social Care (DHSC) to help the UK keep the World Health Organisation’s International Clinical Trials Registry Platform updated.
- ClinicalTrials.gov: ClinicalTrials.gov is an online database of privately and publicly funded clinical studies worldwide. The site is operated by the US National Library of Medicine.
Our latest research news feed is provided by:
- NIHR Alerts: Provides a plain English summary of the latest important research from the NIHR
To receive the latest news on how we’re involving patients, carers and the public in our work, sign up to our newsletter.
If you want to know more about opportunities to participate in research or become involved in supporting the development of research, whether for yourself or on behalf of others, then please connect to the following social media accounts:
If you are a member of the media and have questions about Be Part of Research, please contact the NIHR press office.
You can contact the NIHR press office via email or phone from 9am-10pm every day.
Urgent out of hours contact should be made by phone call.
Phone: 020 4587 7470