Over 100,000 UK participants have now enrolled in COVID-19 urgent public health research supported by the National Institute for Health Research (NIHR) - at NHS hospitals and care settings across the United Kingdom.
Taking part in COVID-19 research is vital to enable effective treatments to be identified, evidenced and made available to NHS patients as quickly as possible.
Latest NIHR COVID-19 News
- Discovery of four COVID-19 risk groups will help guide treatment (10 September)
- New studies reinforce evidence that corticosteroids improve survival rates among critically ill COVID-19 patients (2 September)
- COVID-19 less deadly and causes milder symptoms in children (28 August)
- Unprecedented national effort by UK immunologists to search for answers on COVID-19 (25 August)
- New research finds better drug treatment for miscarriage as patients struggle to access surgery in COVID-19 pandemic (25 August)
- Over 100,000 volunteers now registered for COVID-19 vaccine trials (17 August)
For the latest news on the NIHRs response to the challenge of COVID-19, visit the NIHR COVID-19 webpage.