- YouTube link to video - this video is 88 seconds long
- Video description - We need people of all ages and backgrounds, from all over the UK to take part and help shape health and care research. That way, research can benefit as many people as possible. Find out how you can be part of research.
Accessibility - visual-only features
The following features are present in this video to enhance the visual production. All essential information that is needed to understand the context of this video is available through the video's audio content or the descriptive transcript:
- Background music
- Stock video content showing researchers and members of the public taking part in research
- Written extracts from the video's audio
0:00 - Title frame
[Be Part of Research logo]
0:05 - Onscreen text
[Who can take part in health and care research?]
0:09 - Audio
Health and care research involves people of all ages and backgrounds, from all parts of the UK.
The broader the range of people, the more likely it is that the results will benefit as many people as possible.
Some people that choose to take part can have a condition or illness, whilst others are healthy. Some may live or work in a social care setting. Others may choose to work alongside researchers to help design and shape research.
New medicines, scanning technology, talking therapies and joint replacements are just some examples of treatments that have been made possible through research.
Without people like you taking part in research:
- We wouldn’t understand the impact of a healthy lifestyle on conditions like heart disease, mental health and diabetes
- We wouldn’t know how to screen for cancers or be able to find treatments for COVID-19
- We wouldn’t know how to improve the way social care is delivered
Health and care research helps us to understand how to make people’s lives healthier and happier.
Be part of something amazing, Be Part of Research.
1:18 - Title frame
The title frame from the beginning of the video with Be Part of Research logo is replayed.
1:23 - Closing frame
- Top of frame - Be Part of Research logo and NHS logo
- Middle of frame - the Be Part of Research URL - bepartofresearch.nihr.ac.uk
- Bottom of frame - 4 logos